Sunday, November 23, 2008

Most recent Adventures - Part 2

Starting your own company or venture is like being on dope. The stress(mental and physcial) can take its toll if not careful. I am not taking care of my self with overwhelming commitments towards my clients. I want to get into a fitness regime from monday - Spend 1 hr in the YMCA gym.

Yes, the most exciting news - I will be working with Linux foundation on some projects. That is the best thing that has happened to hooduku so far.
Linux is like the mother of all open source - So working for Linux even for a small project is a big deal. More than excitement, am keen to provide our value prop to community. It is important to be good books of community. As usual - before start of any project - I have some jitters.

Major problem am trying to solve for a client in migrating a CRM data from older version of SugarCRM to new version. Because the prior implementation of SugarCRM was not upgrade safe - am going through a intense drill to safely migrate alldata, relationships module by module - Just to be careful.. BTW- This client was my first client who signed me up and hence some additional precautions.

Few weeks back, I have also started collaborating with my partner in business crime - Greg Parrish. A Staffing consultant and who hired me for small job to develop a CRM app for a insurance client. The project fell through -but our relationship persisted.
We have some complementary skills which could be leveraged for a greater good. I found him to be very geeky- but does speak about solving problems for clients.
I think there is some synergy in the sense that both of us want to solve our client problems adopting open source products and solutions rather than expensive commercial products. I hope we can pull off few good deals. That is all we need to move to that next level.

After much delibration, one of our non-profit client finally aceepted our offer on delivering and implementing CRM solution. This was a great challege to be accepted. I am hoping we can deliver a quality solution and gain some additional projects from them.

No comments: